100% Pure Turkey Tail Mushroom Extract
- Hot water extracted from 100% turkey tail mushrooms
- USDA Certified Organic
- Certified Kosher, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Vegan
- >30% Beta-glucans
- No added starch, mycelium, or grain of any kind
- Net Contents: 45 grams (1.59oz)
- Verified for quality at accredited 3rd party labs
Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor) has the highest beta-glucan content of any medicinal mushroom. It also contains triterpenes and other like molecules that help to create its beneficial effects. Turkey Tail can help your dog with any immune system issue, including improving protective response to vaccinations, recurrent infections, and immune-mediated disease, as well as addressing the many factors that lead to malignant cell growth in pets.
Turkey Tail's primary function is to support the immune system. Essentially, this mushroom boosts the production of the cells our bodies rely on to kill invading microbes or abnormal cells, such as those that form tumors. This mushroom also stimulates the production of certain cytokines, which are important messenger signals for the immune system. Therefore, turkey tail helps support a healthy immune system and promotes longevity.
Real Mushrooms discloses the beta-glucan content in all its mushroom extract products. Given that its Turkey Tail extract powder contains >30% beta-glucans, there are 300 mg of beta-glucans in each 1g (1/2 tsp) of Real Mushrooms Turkey Tail powder. Use the following guidelines to determine how much of the product to give based on your dog’s health needs and weight:
- The highest doses of beta-glucans (20-30 mg/kg of body weight daily) have been found to be more effective for serious immune system failures in pets, such as tumors and cancer. So, a 10 kg dog (22 LBS) will require 200-300 mg of beta-glucans daily, which will require administration of about 1 gram (1/2 tsp) of Real Mushrooms Turkey Tail powder.
- Moderate doses of beta-glucans (10-20 mg/kg of Body Weight daily) are considered effective for moderately serious pet health conditions like recurrent infections and immune-mediated disease, to name a few. A 10 kg dog will require 100-200 mg of beta-glucans daily, which will require administration of about 0.5 grams (1/4 tsp) of Real Mushrooms Turkey Tail powder.
- Wellness and maintenance doses of beta-glucans (5-10 mg/kg of Body Weight daily) are given as part of your pet’s wellness protocol to help keep their systems stable. A 10 kg dog will require 50-100 mg of of beta-glucans daily, which will require administration of about 0.25 grams (1/8 tsp) Real Mushrooms Turkey Tail powder.