Mt. Capra Goat Milk Colostrum
Mt. Capra Goat Milk Colostrum
What is Colostrum?
Colostrum is the thick fluid which is produced as a precursor to mother’s milk. It is found in humans, goats, and other mammals where it is produced by the mother for two days following birth. Colostrum can be described as a brilliantly designed immune system delivery protocol, which effectively “jump starts” a newborn’s undeveloped immune system. Capra Colostrum is unique because it’s from goat milk. This means it is from a source that is closer to human milk than the mass produced bovine (cow) colostrum.
Colostrum supplies the body with immune factors and is easily tolerated by most. Colostrum has dozens of health related components, the primary being immune related. Colostrum is made up of various macro and micro constituents such as cytokines, immunoglobulins, lactoferrin, etc. These components have various biological roles. For example:
- Cytokines: Cytokines are part of our systemic immune system. These proteins keep communication between immune cells active. “No communication = No immunity”
- Immunoglobulins (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG, IgM) Immunoglobulins are also known as antibodies. These small proteins are used by the immune system to seek out and destroy foreign antigens (invaders).
- Lactoferrin: Assists with iron absorption and has shown anti-microbial characteristics. It is also part of our immune system.
Benefits of Using Mt. Capra
- Mt. Capra collects this real colostrum from happy, healthy goats in the Pacific Northwest.
- Their pastured goats are grass-fed and receive an exclusively non-GMO diet, as well as NO HORMONES and NO ANTIBIOTICS
- This goat milk colostrum comes from grass-fed goats and is collected within 24 hours postpartum.
- Mt. Capra's baby goats are given full access to their mothers entire supply of colostrum. Mt. Capra only harvests the “surplus” colostrum.
Colostrum and Probiotics go together!
Volumes of studies have been done on both probiotics and colostrum, but emerging research from the Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology has found a natural synergy or coalition between these two substances. These recent studies show that overall viability of certain probiotic strains as well as IgG immunoglobulins were strengthened to a greater degree when utilized as a pair than when utilized independently.
Bottom line: Probiotics and colostrum can be taken together to have a health effect, greater than the sum of the parts.
Grass-Fed Goat Milk Colostrum
• Cats & Dogs under 10 lbs: one pinch (1/16 tsp)
• Small Dogs (11-25 lbs): ⅛ tsp once daily
• Medium or Large Dogs (26-99 lbs): ¼ tsp once daily
• Extra Large Dogs (100 lbs or more): ½ tsp once daily.
Orders cannot be modified after completion. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing (Mon-Fri). Note the only guaranteed shipping methods are UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air.
We are happy to accept returns for unopened items within 30 days of delivery. To initiate a return, please email email@example.com.
Products You Can Trust
Approved by a Holistic Veterinarian with 40 years of experience, you can feel confident that all of the products featured in our store are heathy for your pet.