Over the years I have made many versions of PupLoaf. The latest version was designed to eliminate the need for a lot of costly supplements and allow you to balance the diet with whole foods.
- 3 pounds beef (90% lean)
- 8 ounces beef heart
- 5 ounces beef liver
- 20 ounces chicken gizzards
- 3 cans sardines in water, minus the juice
- 6 ounces mussels (3 teaspoons kelp could replace the mussels for trace minerals)
- 2 teaspoons ground fresh ginger
- 5 eggs with shell
- 3 ounces red bell pepper
- 5 ounces mixed dark leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach)
- 4 ounces broccoli
- 6 ounces butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 4 ounces cranberries
- 4 ounces Shiitake mushrooms
- Grind and mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into loaf, casserole, or muffin pans.
- Bake at 325 for 30 to 60 minutes depending on size of pan; should be lightly done, not overcooked (juicy in the center). If your pet has a beef or chicken allergy, turkey can be substituted.
- Use within 3-5 days, freeze extra portions.
- Feed warmed to room temperature.